Sunday, May 3, 2009

Remembering the Heros

Today is the 7th anniversary of the tragic death of Les Anderson.  I spent the day thinking about the "Fallen Heros".  While there are many, three hold a special place in my heart.  The first is Bill's dad who lost his life as a mission pilot in Mexico. While I never had the opportunity of meeting Dad, I know from the many stories I have heard that he was  a very special person and I can't wait to meet him heaven!

My next hero of course is Les Anderson. I only had the opportunity of knowing Les for three months, but in those three months I quickly learned to love and admire him. It was evident that Les had a real love for the people of PNG and for serving God. 

My third hero is brother Bob. He was a little but mighty guy who always had a sparkle in his eyes  and a quiet sense of humor that I just loved.  Bob LOVED flowers. Photography was his hobby and everywhere he went, he had his camera in hand. His passion was photographing flowers.  He truly took time to "stop and smell the flowers"  In memory of Bob, we took some pictures of several flowers that grow around our home here.  This is just a small sampling of the abundance of beauty that surrounds us.












But my greatest hero of all is Bill, because in spite of all the pain and sorrow he chooses to keep climbing into that airplane every day in order to serve others. Someday all my heros will be reunited together in heaven and what a fabulous day that will be!